Classic French-style, creamy-filled, baked eggs make a simple, deliciously yummy and indulgent breakfast as well as a brunch dish.
What Is A Cocotte
“En cocotte”, is a typical French cooking pot made from cast iron or stove-resistant ceramic.
It is similar to a ramekin, though a cocotte is typically oval and a bit deeper and usually with some form of handle and a lid.
Eggs en Cocotte are a perfect dish for when you’re eating a low-carb or Keto diet.
Did we say with the Instant Pot it’s easy to prepare and ready in minutes?
Instant Pot Eggs en Cocotte – French Baked Eggs
Butter room temperature
3 tablespoons heavy cream
3/4 teaspoon Herbs de Providence, divided
1 tablespoon white sharp cheddar cheese, finely chopped, divided
Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup water for Instant Pot
Step by Step Instructions To Make French Baked Eggs
1. Use a paper towel to wipe the sides and bottoms of ramekins with butter.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon of heavy cream into each ramekin.
3. Carefully crack an egg into each ramekin being careful not to break the yolk.
4. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon Herbs de Providence and 1 teaspoon of cheese over ramekin.
5. Place the rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
6. Add one cup water to bottom of Instant pot.
7. Place ramekins on rack.
8. Close and seal Instant Pot lid and turn steam release valve to the sealed position.
9. Plug instant pot in. Press manual, use the + or – button to adjust the time to 2 minutes.
10. Press pressure cook and make sure it’s set to low.
11. You will hear a beep and the cooker will say ‘on’. Walk away!
12. After a couple of minutes the timer will change to show 2 minutes.
13. As soon as the timer goes off, use an oven mitt or wooden spoon to turn release valve to venting position.
14. Steam will shoot out the top. When steam dissipates carefully remove ramekins with hot pad or kitchen towel.
15. Season with salt and pepper. Top with chives or green onion. Serve alone or on toast.
Other dishes made with a cocotte or ramekin include:
Try our Blueberry Lemon Flognarde, for your next French cuisine dessert.
More Deliciously Yummy Recipes