This amazing deliciously yummy gluten-free creamy cheesy pasta dish comes together in less than 30 minutes in just one skillet. And even the pasta gets cooked right in the pan.
Other than a cutting board for some prep work, only a single skillet ends up in the kitchen sink.
Oh, did we say this is a comforting pasta dish on your dinner table in less than 30 minutes!
For Those Who Love One Skillet Meals
One Skillet Chicken Sausage & Pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked chicken sausage, thinly sliced
For this one skillet chicken sausage dish we use the Chef Bruce aidells brand. You can also use all natural al fresco chicken sausage.
2 cups chicken broth
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces penne pasta, gluten-free
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded white Sharp Cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. *See Note Below
Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes. Remove lid and mix melted cheese with pasta.
Plate and serve.
* When using a gluten-free pasta and especially a plant based pasta (made from beans, lentils or legumes) the required time to boil in water is less time (7-10 minutes) than a wheat based pasta with gluten (12-14 or more minutes). Boiling a plant based pasta beyond 10 minutes will only make for a mushy pasta.
If this Chicken Sausage meal sounds delicious, then you’ll love making….
- Orange Ginger Chicken Sausage with Sweet Peppers
- Pesto Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage
- Apple Chicken Sausage with Whole Wheat Penne Pasta
- Ranch Spinach Pasta Salad with Chicken Sausage
More Deliciously Yummy Recipes
- Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- Different Ways to Cook Rice
- The Smoke Point of Oils
- Orange Almond Cake
- Going Organic