Crockpot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs are rich and creamy that you will not believe how easy it is to prepare.
Let your slow cooker or crockpot do all the cooking to have a delicious dinner ready and waiting.
Italian cuisine is much like their spoken language. How so?
Well, there is a national language that every region speaks but every region has their own dialect that they speak between one another.
And you can see this same phenomenon in Italian cooking.
Each region has their own style of preparing food – specific dishes and ingredients that they are best known for, yet there are basic ingredients such as pasta, cheese and olive oil that all of Italy uses.
Tucson Region Cooking
The Tuscan Region prepares typical dishes that are based upon what Tuscans find fresh and local at the farmers market that week, making them often very easy to prepare and involving few ingredients.
Tuscan cuisine is famous and appreciated all over the world because of its use of fresh, natural and genuine ingredients.
And that’s what you’ll find here with our Crockpot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Thighs.
Get Your Crockpot Ready
Pan butter seared chicken thighs in a garlic parmesan cream sauce or Alfredo sauce mixed with sun dried tomatoes and spinach.
This dish is made in a crock pot or slow cooker in under 4 hours on low. It’s full of Flavor, flavor, flavor!
Unlike the usual Tuscan chicken recipes, there’s no need to coat chicken thighs in flour.
Instead, you’ll season them with Italian seasoning. A mix of oregano, marjoram, basil, thyme, rosemary and sage.
You could add some smoky, sweet, mild or spicy paprika. Or a pinch of cayenne for some heat if you like.
Crockpot Creamy Tucson Chicken Thighs
2 Tablespoon butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup sun dried tomato strips, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning, divided
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
1 stick butter
2 cups Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 cup heavy cream
Trim any fat from thighs. Season on both sides with 1 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning.
Place a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt.
Next add the seasoned chicken thighs. Cook each side about 3 – 5 minutes until browned, turning only once during cooking time. Place the thighs in a 4 quart crockpot.
Make the Alfredo sauce in a medium sauce pan. Melt the butter in the saucepan.
Next add the cream and simmer about 5 minutes until it begins to thicken.
Add the Parmesan Cheese, stir until it’s melted, remove from the heat and set aside.
To the Alfredo Sauce, add the sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan Cheese and 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning until thoroughly combined.
Pour the mixture over the chicken thighs in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low heat 4 hours or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Stir in the fresh chopped spinach, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and cook another five more minutes.
Remove from the crockpot and serve with a dish of orzo pasta or Italian style vegetables.
More Deliciously Yummy Recipes
- French Apple CakeThere’s nothing better than finishing a savory meal with a sweet treat and the French took that desire for dessert and turned it into a decadent delicacy. France… Read more: French Apple Cake
- Two-Hour TurkeyRoast your bird on a bed of aromatics moistened with a little water to prevent scorching, and you’ll have adequate drippings for making gravy. But before roasting you… Read more: Two-Hour Turkey
- Milk-Simmered Mashed PotatoesMashed potatoes are a almost universally loved side dish. And after eating these deliciously creamy mashed potatoes, you won’t want to make this side dish any other way.… Read more: Milk-Simmered Mashed Potatoes
- Indian-Style Chapati Whole Wheat FlatbreadChapati is a unleavened flatbread that’s common in Indian, East African, and Caribbean cuisine. The flatbread is made using a soft unleavened dough comprising of wheat flour called… Read more: Indian-Style Chapati Whole Wheat Flatbread
- Orange Cranberry White Chocolate CookiesThese cookies are soft and chewy with the bright citric flavor of fresh orange juice and zest. Then accented with bursts of fresh cranberries. The sweet citrus flavor… Read more: Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies